GLOBAL İLİŞKİLER FORUMU (GLOBAL RELATIONS FORUM)
PRIVACY NOTICE ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data ("Law"), your personal data may be processed by Global İlişkiler Forumu (Global Relations Forum; "GIF") as the data controller within the scope described below.
Purposes and Legal Grounds for Processing Personal Data
Your collected data will be processed for the purposes ("Purposes") and legal grounds set out below and within the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Article 5 of the Law.
Based on the legal basis that data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject;
- Execution of the communication processes you will establish with GIF,
- Event management and execution of processes to ensure your participation in events organized by GIF, including but not limited to working groups, roundtables, seminar programs,
- Increasing the awareness and recognition of the projects carried out by GIF,
- Benefiting from the services provided by GIF,
- Execution of legal processes involving GIF,
- Retention of personal data during the general statute of limitations in order to constitute evidence in possible disputes that may arise in the future.
Based on the legal basis that it is necessary to process personal data belonging to the parties to the contract, provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract;
- In the event that you prefer to be a GIF member; creating your membership and ensuring that you benefit from the opportunities offered to you within the scope of your membership, carrying out the necessary business processes by GIF, conducting relations and communication activities with members,
Based on the legal basis that it is clearly stipulated by law and is mandatory for the data controller to fulfil its legal obligation;
- Fulfilment of official institution requests,
- Providing information to authorized institutions due to legislation,
- Ensuring compliance with the custody obligations stipulated in the legislation,
- Responding to the data subject applications in accordance with the legislation and taking necessary actions.
Recipient Parties and Purposes for Transferring Personal Data
Your personal data collected in line with the fulfillment of the above-mentioned Purposes; may be transferred to suppliers within the scope of our legitimate interest, to legally authorized public authorities and legally authorized private institutions within the scope of that it is expressly provided in the laws and fulfillment of our legal obligations pursuant to the legal grounds specified in Article 5 of the Law and in accordance with the rules regarding the transfer of personal data specified in Article 8 of the Law.
Method of Personal Data Collection
Your personal data are collected electronically via e-mail, telephone, GIFGRF application, printed forms, cargo and face-to-face interviews, forms and transactions in places where GIF can be contacted in the physical environment within the scope of fulfilling the above-mentioned Purposes.
Rights of the Data Subject under Article 11 of the Law
As a data subject, we hereby inform you that you have the following rights under Article 11 of the Law:
- To learn whether your personal data are being processed,
- To request information if your personal data have been processed,
- To learn the purpose of the processing of your personal data and whether they have been used accordingly,
- To learn which third parties domestic or abroad your personal data has been transferred to,
- To request rectification in case your personal data has been processed incompletely or inaccurately and to demand the operations in this regard be reported to third parties your personal data has been transferred to,
- To demand the erasure or destruction of your personal data in the event that the reasons for the processing no longer exist even though it was processed in accordance with the Law and other relevant provisions and to demand the operations in this regard be reported to third parties your personal data has been transferred to,
- To object to negative consequences to you that are concluded, as a result of analysis of the processed personal data through solely automatic systems,
- To demand compensation for the damages that you have suffered as a result of an unlawful processing of your personal data.
In case you convey your requests concerning your above-listed rights, to GIF by filling out the Data Subject Application Form, which is available at www.gif.org.tr/files/GİF_İlgili_Kişi_Başvuru_Formu.docx, depending on the nature of your request, your application will be concluded as soon as possible, within thirty days at the latest and in principle, free of charge. However, if the process requires additional costs, a fee may be demanded according to the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.